Monday, February 2, 2015

BEING REAL

I would love to think that I am a real person. I make realistic decisions most of the time. This semester I took on a lot of responsibility, and I didn't quite know what I was getting myself into. I registered for a EN002 Accelerated course, and taking MA080 at Montgomery College. I also picked up a class for EMT this semester to further my career in the health field. When I thought about all of this in my head it all sounded right, but what i forgot to include was my work schedule. I usually work about 32-40 hours a week. I'm a cocktail server at a restaurant downtown called Daily Grill. I give my manger my schedule weekly so that i can stay on track with my school work. I'm off Monday, Wednesday, and Friday because of my classes. I work all day Tuesday, Thursday every other Saturday, and work all day Sunday as well. I didn't think I would be this tired, and stressed out only coming  into the second week of school. I haven't been getting enough sleep, I rarely eat a full meal, because I'm always working or in class. After realizing that something has to give, and it wasn't going to be my education. I've decided to cut my hours at work back a lot. I'm only willing to work about 3 shifts a week. If I am able to cut back financially to get through one of my toughest semesters in school so far I will do what needs to be done. The fact that I will not be working all the time in  reality I can use that extra time to study, do homework assignments, and focus on school so that i can get through this semester. Being realistic in real life situations is very important, because if you don't stay real to yourself it's not going to get you far in life. In order for me to stay on track I made a real life decision that will affect me but only temporarily.

2 comments:

  1. Huge sacrifice ! by cutting back on your hours bu, education is key ! t I think you will finish strong and pull through at the

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order for anyone to be successful in a busy schedule you do have to count down on some activities you do everyday so I totally agree with you and am proud that you are a determine person.Good Job

    ReplyDelete